- 4 tilapia fish fillets
- panko bread crumbs
- eggs, slightly beaten
- shredded Monterrey cheese
- green cabbage
- corn tortillas
- ranch dressing
- chipotle sauce
- 1 1/2 c. chopped, peeled mangos.
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions;
- 1 Tbsp olive oil;
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded lime peel;
- 1 Tbsp lime juice;
- 1 Tbsp vinegar;
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper.
For the fish: Coat the tilapia in coconut flour and then place it in an egg wash. Coat the tilapia in gluten free bread crumbs and let the fish sit in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to help set the crumps. Place in an oiled pan with a small amount of lime juice. Rotate the fish every few minutes until it is golden brown.
For the salsa: Combine the olive oil, lime peel, lime juice, vinegar and seasonings in a bowl. Toss the mangoes, green onions and peppers into the dressing and coat thoroughly.
For the sauce: Make sauce by combining equal amounts ranch dressing and chipotle sauce.
Assembly: Place a small amount of fish in a corn tortilla. Top it with finely chopped cabbage, shredded cheese, the chipotle saucce and mango salsa. Finish the taco out with a light spray of fresh lime juice.
Who would you make this for?