1. Hats. They can completely change a photo. I have sweet crochet hats for newborns, fun hats for little girls and of course Santa hats for Christmas time. They are a simple change, albeit one that usually needs to be used towards the end of your shoot.
2. Mirrors. Mirrors are one of my favorite ways to capture a subject, especially young children. There is something magical about them rediscovering their faces. The tricky thing with a mirror is you will have to be more careful about where you are shooting as it is going to reflect everything behind your subject.
3. Baskets. Baskets are perfect for sleeping newborns or sitting up toddlers. They are one of my favorite props for small children. Hands down.
7. Tutus and dress ups. Tutus are fun accents to girly photos and most little girls LOVE them.
8. Props of their own. I think this one is the most important. A picture is going to be a million times more special if the prop used has some significance. Items such as sports uniforms, Letterman jackets, special blankets will always make a picture more special.