Have you linked your projects/book reviews up to Creative Showcase yet this week?
My husband always jokes that he has to share me with all of my "boyfriends." I have loved to read ever since I was a child and I read anywhere between two and eighteen books in a single week, so he has often found himself eating cold cereal while I enjoy dinnertime with a favorite read. Here are some of my favorite "swoon worthy" men from my latest reads. I am linking up with the Broke and the Bookish.
- Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices- In the first Infernal Devices book Will is abrasive and actually kind of mean. When you come to understand his motives later on, you can't help but fall in love with his character and the struggles he has been through. It helps a little that he is a vicious demon fighter too.
- Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy- Who doesn't love a Russian cowboy who kills evil vampires? I loved Dimitri from the beginning because he pushes Rose in everything she does. He makes her better, but is there to comfort her when she needs it too.
- Po from Graceling- It takes a strong man to be beaten to a pulp by a girl every day and keep coming back for more but Po does it. I love that he brings different things to the table in his relationship with Katsa and it doesn't matter to him that she is the obviously better fighter. I also love his devotion to his family and Katsa.
- Silk from the Belgariad- This is an interesting one for me. Silk is devious and conniving and I can't help but think I would have the best time ever hanging out with him. He is impossible to best in a game of wits or intellect and always keeps me laughing in the books.
- Four from Divergent - As strong as Four is, I think one of the things that make me love him is his vulnerability, such as when Tris is able to see all of the things he fears most. I love that he opens up to her like that, even though he could pretty much take anybody in a fight.
- Hector from Crown of Embers- In Girl of Fire and Thorns, I never once thought of Hector as a romantic figure. Somewhere between the first and second books his character shifts from the background to swoon worthy. He is the Captain of the Royal Guard and see his first duty as protecting the queen, good thing his love interest is the queen, right?
- Captain Jack Elliott from These is My Words- If I was ever to find myself out on the western frontier I would want Captain Jack Elliott with me. He is fiercely protective and loyal to a fault.
- Marco from Night Circus- I am not sure if I love Marco as much as I love his romance with Celia. Even though they are separated from each other for most of the book, Marco creates amazing circus tents for Celia to enjoy, like bringing her roses over and over, only better.
- Adrian Ivashkov from Bloodlines- While I like the Adrian of Vampire Academy, the artistic and more thoughtful Adrain that emerges in Bloodlines is definitely a favorite I love that he accomplishes social feats that no on else would even attempt because hello, he's Adrian.
- Luke Garroway from The Mortal Instruments- Luke is actually the love interest of the main character's mother in the Mortal Instruments but I adore him anyway. He loves quiet and steadfastly for years in the background before he finally gets to play leading man and I absolutely love that about him.
Who are your favorite book "boyfriends?"