“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and KuKee, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #KuKeeapp http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.”
Back to School shopping can be frustrating and expensive, but it can also be a lot of fun. Follow these 7 tips to less headaches and more smiles for the beginning of this school year!
1. Shop the sales. You can imagine my delight when I found this darling line of Hello Kitty clothes for 30% off at Macy’s. We were able to stretch our money twice as far.
2. Prioritize- My mom always let us pick one thing we had to have. One year it was the designer jeans, another year it was the in-style shoes. We picked one thing and then shopped for the rest of our clothes according to budget. I loved having that one item that made me feel like a million bucks, even if I couldn’t have everything.
3. Let your child have a voice. I remember one year my mom bought we a stack of shirts that I hated. We spent that entire school year with rough mornings because I didn’t like what was in my closet. Let them have a choice in colors and patterns when you can, so they are more willing to wear it.
4. Shop your closet first. Does your child still have jeans from last year that will work? Make a list of what you already have, so you know what to buy. I knew this year my daughter was good for pants, but we needed some shirts and a couple of dresses. She was thrilled to find these Hello Kitty Dresses.
5. Make compromises. There is no way I can buy my child every piece of clothing she wants, but I can let her pick out her notebooks and folders.
6. Purge your closet. To have room for all of the fabulous clothes you are going to bring home, clean out your closest before your shop. This is especially important to do before you shop if you have multiple children the same gender close in age. What can you hand down?
7. Think of seasons. What items can you buy to make your clothes last through the seasons? For instance when it starts to get cold, instead of putting these cute dresses in the back of the closet, we will pair them with a pair of white leggings and a jacket. Think knee socks, leggings, long sleeve shirts underneath and the like.
One of the reasons my daughter was so excited about buying these Hello Kitty clothes from the Evy of CA line, is that they come with tags that unlock features in an interactive app. Each piece of the Hello Kitty Let’s Play clothing line comes wither either a finger puppet or two Hello Kitty tattoos. Here is how to unlock the interactive features of these clothes with the KuKee App.
|My Daughter and I playing with the KuKee App.|
- Download the KuKee app from either the App Store or Google Play
- Find a Kukee Marker or a Hello Kitty Marker, here is one to get you started:
- Open the app and Scan the Marker (You can see the Hello Kitty Fabric tag on the bottom hem of my daughter’s dress in some of the photos.)
- Play! With regular Kukee markers you can take pictures, add fun graphics to them and share them with your friends. The Hello Kitty Markers will let you create a fun puppet show with your puppets and take some awesome pictures. Check out the KuKee Instagram and Twitter for more inspiration.
Please follow and like us: