I was given a chance to review a class from Craftsy. My review and my decision to include the class in this post are my own.
1. Rechargeable Batteries- Find out what kind of batteries they need for their camera, I am not talking about just the battery that powers the camera itself, but what about other elements? What batteries does their flash use? Does their remotes need batteries? This may take a little detective work, but I am always grateful for batteries.
2. Camera Strap- There are all sorts of camera straps out there now a days. Cute ones, plain ones, masculine ones. I don't like to go all out of with my camera strap, but I do recommend a padded one. It is wonderful for your neck.
3. Wireless Shutter Release- One of my favorite small camera presents I have ever been given, is my wireless shutter release. I can't tell you how many times I have brought my tripod to something and my shutter release and suddenly I am not a ghost in the photos of my child's life anymore.
4. Newborn Posing Pillow- A newborn posing pillow is the perfect accessory for shooting newborn photos. A good pillow should give you a good surface area to work with. Be aware most posing pillows ship unfilled and you have to fill them separately.
6. Photography classes from Craftsy- Craftsy offers a variety of photography classes in their online community that vary from for the beginner to more advanced. I was given the opportunity to review the Studio Portrait Lighting Class taught by Kirk Tuck and it has been fantastic. Reviewing principles I learned in college plus learning new techniques for lights has been fantastic. I love the format of being able to ask questions and get answers from the teacher, the questions and answers are available in classroom forum so that everybody can learn from their classmates as well. You take the class at your own pace, so you can finish it as quickly as you want. I love the format of the videos, which take place both with camera in hand in the studio and in editing at the computer. I have really enjoyed the class and I will take more in the future.