It's amazing how delivery makes all the difference. Whether it's a joke, service or food, delivery is essential.
These BBQ Chicken Wonton Bowls are all about delivery. The wonton bowls are tiny and portioned, making this a great dish for parties or family dinner. And they can be eaten in just a few bites, making them light and fun.
While this couldn't be considered a straight-up Asian dish, it's a great mix of BBQ and Asian flavors, which makes for delicious food!
2-3 chicken breasts
1/3 bottle BBQ sauce
12 wonton wraps
3/4 package coleslaw
1/3 bottle Ken's Steak House Dressing Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Boil the chicken breasts until cooked through. Remove from the water and place directly in a stand mixer. Use the whisk attachment to shred the chicken. Add the BBQ sauce and continue to mix until well blended.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper in each cup, pressing lightly down to make a bowl. Spray with cooking spray again.
- Bake the wonton cups in a 400-degree oven for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a golden brown and firm up.
- Add some vegetable oil to a wok over medium-high heat and add 3/4 package of coleslaw. Saute for a few minutes until the vegetables start to get soft (you want to take some of the raw edge off, but not make them soggy).
- Remove the coleslaw and place it in a medium bowl. Add the Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy dressing. Mix well.
- Prepare each wonton bowl by placing the shredded chicken in the bottom, then adding the coleslaw and chopped cilantro on top. Finish with sesame seeds.
This dish works on a few levels. First, the crunch of the wonton bowl is awesome! The BBQ sauce and Asian Sesame dressing combine for a super sweet and satisfying flavor. But this is balanced by the bitterness of the cabbage.
These are super yummy and are quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for summer nights or your next party.