Seafood is delicious. So is Mexican food. But should you mix them together? Or course!
These Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce are a quick fix and taste amazing! If you’re a fan of fish tacos, you will love these. And you can prepare it in about the same amount of time it takes to make Americanized tacos.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
½ cup green onions, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 lb. shrimp, deveined, peeled, tails removed
2-3 tsp Heath’s Blends Southwest Sizzler (or chili powder and cumin if you don’t have this particular blend, but seriously get it…)
1/3 head green cabbage, shredded
8 white corn tortillas
Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Combine the water, oil, cilantro, green onions, garlic cloves, lime juice and salt in a food processor and blend on low until smooth (there will be some tiny pieces of cilantro, which is great).
- Add the sour cream and pulse until it’s incorporated into the sauce and is creamy.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a plate lined with paper towels. Pat the shrimp dry and sprinkle the Southwest Sizzler seasoning over the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp in a pan with olive oil for about 5-6 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Prepare each taco by placing the shrimp down the middle of a corn tortilla. Top with shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, and the creamy cilantro lime sauce. Add a squeeze of lime.
It’s as easy as that. If you’re not familiar with cooking with shrimp, don’t be scared. They cook quickly and it’s hard to really mess them up. But if you’re still scared, but want to try this recipe, just use precooked shrimp, thaw it, and prepare the same. The only difference is a shorter cook time since the meat is already cooked through and you’re only warming it up.
So next time you’re craving tacos, consider adding shrimp. You won’t regret it.