One of the best things about summer is a great salad. I'm not talking about a basic greens and dressing salad. I'm talking about a SALAD. The secret to a good salad is using delicious ingredients you love. And since I love Mexican food, that's what I like my salad to have.
INGREDIENTS2-3 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp Heath's Blends Southwest Scorcher seasoning
1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1 cup black beans, rinsed
1 cup sweet corn, rinsed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, diced
4 uncooked tortillas
- Pound the chicken until it is about 1/2" thick throught. Lightly coat the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with the Southwest Scorcher seasoning (or any Mexican seasoning).
- Grill the chicken on high heat for 6 minutes, then flip and grill for another 6-7 minutes. Remove and let rest for about 3 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Combine the lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado in a large bowl. Pour in desired amount of ranch dressing, and toss to mix.
- Cook the tortillas according to package instructions.
- Plate by piling the salad on top of the tortilla. Top with tortilla strips.
It really is a simple salad that's packed with flavors, and it feels like a full meal rather than a side dish. Want an extra flavor boost? Try drizzling some BBQ sauce over the salad along with the ranch dressing. They're a perfect combo. Happy summer grilling!