This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyGo2Pen #CollectiveBias
Between homework, permission slips and papers for piano lessons and soccer, my kitchen counter usually looks my kids dropped a paper bomb on it every day after school. I didn't want to go through another school year with the paper clutter following me around, so I came up with this quick, easy and cute command center.
When started looking around at command centers, I noticed that quite a few of them wouldn't work for us and I came up with a list of must haves for our command center.
- A large calendar- I wanted my husband and kids to be able to see at a glance what was coming up in the next little while.
- a white board- I wanted to be able to have a central place where my kids could leave me a note if they needed and vice versa
- a magnetic cup holder- I HATE having to wander around the house looking for a pen. So I wanted something right in the command center to keep track of them
- a cork board- I didn't want to take up my entire whiteboard with papers, so a separate corkboard holds most of the papers
- a wall pocket- something to hold anything that was too thick or big to be pinned to the corkboard
- color coded gel pens- I have found the easiest way for me to keep track of schedules is to use a different color pen for each person on the calendar. I love Pilot G2 Gel Pens because they have 15 different colors and I can color code to my hearts content.
- some element that personalized it- I wanted to know that this was for my family
I found a basic large paper calendar. The biggest thing I wanted out of a calendar was large blocks for each day, so I would have plenty of space. This one was just perfect.
The plastic file is called a wall pocket and right now holds folders for each kid. While the pocket has a place to screw it into the wall, it also has a spot to use hanging strips on it. I put it up with the hanging strips and it has held up great!
I kind of fell in love with this whiteboard and I love that it is also magnetic so it can hold the cup of Pilot G2 Gel Pens for the calendar.
Right now you can save .75 cents on any one pack of pens 4-pack or lager, so you can get your command center off on the right foot. Download the coupon here.
Shonda Rhimes has partnered with G2 to give ordinary people who overachieve in their community, a way to extend their reach with the Overachiever's Grant. The grant will recognize somebody who is going about their life in a selfless way! Learn a little more about the grant in the video below!
How do you stay organized for the school year?