“There are some foods that take you back to certain times and places with just one bite. One of those foods for me is Winger’s sticky fingers.
For those not familiar with Winger’s, it’s a Utah-based chain that specializes in chicken wings and sticky fingers: a type of chicken finger coated in sweet-spicy sauce. It’s delicious, and reminds me of going to Winger’s on game nights in college because the local restaurant had game day special. It reminds of me good times, great wins and wonderful food.” – From the original Sticky Fingers Copycat Post.
When I found out that I needed to go gluten free, this recipe was one of the first things I was determined to make gluten free AND delicious. After a little experimenting, I have come up with a fantastic gluten free version. While it doesn’t match the original restaurant recipe as much as the gluten filled version, it is so good that you don’t feel like you are missing out at all! I can’t lie, we have had it once a week since I went gluten free. Yum!
3-4 chicken breasts or cutlets
1/2 cup gluten free flour (I like Bob’s 1 to 1 Flour)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs ( I use Glutinos)
Sticky Finger Sauce
1/3 cup buffalo sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pound the chicken into 1/2″ thick cutlets. Cut into strips.
- Combine flour, onion powder, garlic salt, paprika and black pepper in a large, flat glass container. Mix well.
- Coat all sides of chicken strips in the flour mixture.
- Dip each chicken strip in the egg and then coat in the gluten free bread crumbs.
- Lay all coated chicken strips on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Once chicken is cooked, toss in the sauce and serve hot.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
With just a few substitutes, you have an amazing and gluten free version of a classic!