One of the most frustrating parts about cooking happens after tummies are full — clean up. As wonderful as home-cooked meals are, it often comes at the price of a load of dishes.
But tasty dishes don't have to require lots of dishes, or even lots of prep. Take, for instance, this delicious One-Pan Parmsean Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli. Your dish load will consist of a cutting board, a knife, and a baking sheet. Oh, and the food is incredible!
When I need a quick fix meal that hits the spot, this is one of my favorites. Not only is it fast, and easy on the dishes, the flavor is amazing and I'm always satisfied.
INGREDIENTS4 chicken breasts
6 red potatoes
4 broccoli crowns
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Custom Seasoning Blend
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley
- Cover your baking sheet with tinfoil and coat with cooking spray.
- Take another sheet of tinfoil and create a little "boat" to go in the middle of the tray to hold the chicken, thereby preventing the juices from running into the potatoes or broccoli. This boat should be about a third of the width of the total tray, which will split the tray into three parts (one for the potatoes, one for the broccoli, and one for the chicken.)
- Cut the potatoes into thin round slices and lay the slices on one-third of the cooking sheet.
- Cut the broccoli crowns down to small pieces and lay on another third of the cooking sheet.
- Prepare your custom seasoning blend by mixing the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and parsley in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning blend on both sides of your chicken breasts and lay the chicken breasts in the tinfoil boat you prepared.
- Sprinkle the same seasoning blend over the potatoes and broccoli.
- Lightly coat the potatoes, broccoli, and chicken with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan cheese over the potatoes, broccoli, and chicken. Go on, be generous with the cheese!
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 22-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes get a nice brown crust.
This dish comes together so quickly and the three elements work so well together. The chicken is tender and the Parmesan and seasoning blend really bring out the flavor in the broccoli and potatoes. Dip it in a little ranch dressing and you're in business!
This dish is one of my toddler's favorite. I'm not sure she even realizes she's eating broccoli, so I'll count it as a win!