Hi, my name is Debra. I am a craftaholic, photographer, writer, chronic reader, baker and night owl. I love my glue gun, spray paint and my sewing machine.
My camera goes with me everywhere. My husband refers to it as my second child or my horcrux (because he thinks it is part of my soul.) I worked for years as a photographer at a studio before I struck out on my own and created Joyous Moments Photography.
I have a degree in Journalism from Utah State University where I worked as a photographer and news editor for the Utah Statesman and attended almost every single Aggie college basketball game while I was there.
My technology nerd/guitar playing husband (I know, weird combo. :) and I have been married for just over six years and we have a sweet curly haired four year old, who shares my love for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
Some random things about me:
- I met my best friend, Lu, when we became roommates in college by chance. We got married a week apart and requested apartments next door to each other. Married housing said it was the first rooming request they have ever had.
- I love my turquoise cowboy boots so much that I planned our last family pictures around them.
- My mom doesn't really sew. She used to tell everybody she was allergic to it. I learned by watching a patient best friend and from a lady at my church.
- I recently realized I own 12 curling irons. The funny thing? I never curl my hair. If there is ever a curling iron apocalypse, I am going to be very prepared.
- I have discovered that Nutella on waffles is pretty much the most amazing thing ever.
That is pretty much me in a nutshell. Welcome to my space, Housewife Eclectic.