My camera goes with me everywhere. My husband refers to it as my second child or my horcrux (because he thinks it is part of my soul.) I worked for years as a photographer at a studio before I struck out on my own and created Joyous Moments Photography.
I have a degree in Journalism from Utah State University where I worked as a photographer and news editor for the Utah Statesman.
My graphic designer/web programmer husband and I have been married for just over seven years and we have a sassy curly haired five-year-old, and a baby girl on the way.
Some random things about me:
- I am a Doctor Who fanatic. My craft room has a Doctor Who theme which includes classic artwork with the Tardis in them and a Tardis pinata that hangs in a corner. Thanks to my best friend Lu, I even have a Doctor Who Christmas Tree.
- My camera literally goes EVERY where with me. I have crazy pictures of the most random things.
- I don't love chocolate. Peanut Butter on the other hand is the best thing ever discovered.
- I am an obsessive reader. I usually read between 100-150 books a year, mostly YA books with a sprinkling of non-fiction and mysteries.
- My sassy 5-year-old keeps me on my toys. The funny things she says are part of the daily conversation over on the Housewife Eclectic Facebook Page. She told the doctor that if our upcoming baby is a boy, the doctor could keep it. She is pretty thrilled to be getting a sister.
That is pretty much me in a nutshell. Welcome to my space, Housewife Eclectic.