My camera goes with me everywhere. My husband refers to it as my third child or my horcrux (because he thinks it is part of my soul.) I worked for years as a photographer at a studio before I struck out on my own and created Joyous Moments Photography.
I have a degree in Journalism from Utah State University where I worked as a photographer and news editor for the Utah Statesman. When I was working on my senior capstone class I was required to create a blog, originally this space was all of my journalism photography work eventually I started posting more and more things for my family and eventually everyone else as well!
My graphic designer/web programmer husband and I have been married for just over nine years and we have a sassy curly haired seven-year-old, and a silly, talkative 2-year-old. We live in the middle of gorgeous Utah, near Salt Lake City, where we love to ski, swim and travel as much as possible.
Some random things about me:
- I am a Doctor Who fanatic. My craft room has a Doctor Who theme which includes classic pieces of artwork with the Tardis in them and a waist high Tardis in the corner. Thanks to my best friend Lu, I even have a Doctor Who Christmas Tree.
- My camera literally goes EVERY where with me. I have crazy pictures of the most random things.
- I don't love chocolate. Peanut Butter on the other hand is the best thing ever discovered.
- I am an obsessive reader. I usually read between 100-150 books a year, mostly YA books with a sprinkling of non-fiction and mysteries.
- My sassy 7-year-old keeps me on my toes. The funny things she says are part of the daily conversation over on the Housewife Eclectic Facebook Page.
That is pretty much me in a nutshell. Welcome to my space, Housewife Eclectic. Feel free to contact me for collaborations Debra at HousewifeEclectic.com