There is just something about s’mores. The chocolate with the marshmallows roasted over the fire. It takes me back to my childhood. When I was little, my family went camping every summer. We would have fires and s’mores, they are some of my happiest childhood memories. Memories I hope to recreate with my kids. The past couple of years, some thing has stopped us from being able to head out with a tent, last year it was having a brand new baby. Even though we aren’t leaving town, we have decided to recreate those memories even if we aren’t going further than our own backyard. You don’t need to be on vacation to make s’mores. Any night can be a fun family night.
At home in our kitchen, with out microwave we have started experimenting with ways to make s’mores and have found some amazingly easy and delicious versions. In fact, s’mores are just as much fun to make indoors as they are outdoor AND it is such a quick treat. Here are our favorite versions of chocolate covered s’mores.
You will need:
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar (the 6 packs work great for this)
- Jet Puffed S’mores Mallows (they are square for S’mores! So smart! I found them at Walmart.)
- Honey Maid Squares
- a plastic bag (for squishing extra graham crackers)
Break apart all of the chocolate bars into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring between each one.
While the chocolate is microwaving, place some graham crackers in a plastic bag and crunch them down. This will become your topper.
There are three different ways to make chocolate covered S’mores and all are delicious!
1. Place a marshmallow between two graham crackers. Microwave the s’more for 10-15 seconds, or until it starts to puff up. Remove from the microwave and dip into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to cover it completely. Add smashed cracker crumbs on top.
2. Dip two graham crackers in melted chocolate until they are completely covered. Set on wax paper to cool. Microwave a marshmallow by itself for 10-15 seconds until it starts to puff up. Remove from the microwave and place between your two chocolate covered graham crackers.
3. Dip a marshmallow in chocolate until completely covered. Set on wax paper to set and top with a good amount of graham cracker crumbs.
My daughter’s favorite is the s’more completely dipped in chocolate. Absolutely delicious!
We love the new square Jet Puffed Marshmallows. When I brought them home, my husband exclaimed “Finally!” They are perfect for s’more creation and the Honey Maid Squares make it easy too and everyone knows that Hershey’s and s’mores are a must! We love that we can create s’mores even when we aren’t on vacation with these easy ingredients.
How do you like your s’mores?