I grew up in a home that had a side of bread for nearly every meal, so naturally I love bread of all types. Unfortunately, my wife’s not a big bread fan. And bread takes a long time to make, usually involving advanced preparation. So I sadly don’t get bread that often.
Thank heavens for biscuits! They satisfy the bread craving and are quick and easy to prepare. And no biscuit quite compares to those delicious Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. Thankfully they’re easy to make on your own — though eating them will make you crave lobster and crab…
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup butter, melted
1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp parsley
½ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients — flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter and buttermilk together, then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir until combined (Be careful not to over-mix. It will be lumpy.). Gradually stir in the cheese.
- Scoop about a ¼ cup of the mixture to form each biscuit and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until tops become golden brown.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with melted butter, then sprinkle on parsley and garlic salt.
Seriously, these are so easy and quick. And they make a simple quick-fix dinner into something awesome. Plus, it’s bread! Yum!