There is nothing more frustrating as a parent than to have your child wake up screaming in the middle of the night with ear pain. Since the pressure in the ear builds up more when your child is laying down, often times the middle of the night is the first indication that you have that there is an ear infection. I hate the helpless feeling I have when my child is screaming at 3 AM and I don’t know what to do for her. After a lot of research and some trial, these are the things I have found that I can do at home to treat an ear infection.
1. Garlic Mullein Oil. Just a few drops in the effected ear a few times a day will help clear that infection up.
2. Applying warmth to the area can help reduce the pain. I like to soak a washcloth in warm water, ring it out and then place it directly on the ear.
3. Ear Massage. This will relieve the pressure by moving the fluid out of the ear. Start behind the ear and massage the ear, and the neck.
4. Essential Oils. Rub Melaleuca oil on the outside of the ear. You can also put basil on a cotton ball and put them in the ears.
5. Colloidal Silver. Colloidal Silver is a natural antibiotic and you can help kill any bacteria in the ear by putting a few drops in the ear.
Colloidal Silver is not something I grew up using, but something my husband did. His family used to it to treat everything from ear infections and sore throats to burns. I have always been a little skeptical of it, but intrigued by it as well. When I began researching ways to help treat my daughter’s ear infections without racing to the doctor, I was surprised to find most of the articles suggested silver.
Silver has been used for thousands of years, being used by the Ancient Greeks as a way to purify water. Today it is used to treat stomach problems, sunburns, diaper rashes, sore throats and many other ailments. What I personally like about silver is all of the different ways it can be applied. You can put in in water and drink it for stomach or liver health and you can put it in a dropper bottle and use it to treat ear infections directly. You can also put it in a spray bottle and spray it over a a particular area or use the topical gel for ailments such as sunburn and diaper rash. This is hands down the best diaper rash remedy I have found. It works wonders.
The wonderful thing about silver is even with as long it as has been used it hasn’t developed any tolerance to bacteria or viruses, so it kills them as effectively as it did years ago. Silver today is now available in a safe PH balanced formula. My Doctor Suggests, where I get my silver has it in a 10 PPM version for daily health or a 30 PPM version for when your immune system needs help fighting something off. They also sell a Silver and Gold Combo for joint health, silver lozenges, soap and gel.
Ready to try silver out for your family health’s needs? You can find everything you need to get started with silver here.