“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Slimfast, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #14daystoslim http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
- Exercise with your kids- I am in awe of people who go to the gym every day. I struggle to find the time but I mostly struggle to find someone to watch my kids. For me, the best way to get my exercise in, is to include my kids. Take your kids to the park and don’t sit on a bench, run and play with them. Take your kids swimming and get in the pool with them. Go on a nature walk and push the little ones in the stroller. Be active and spend time with your kids at the same time.
- Deal with your stress in healthy ways. When the kids are screaming and the laundry isn’t done, we are all tempted to reach for a chocolate bar, but eating your feelings doesn’t help your long term goals. Go for a run, read a chapter in a book, take a bath, or take a five minute break in the other side of the house. Do whatever you have to do to keep yourself from grabbing a carton of ice cream and the spoon. Eat a treat when you actually want the treat, not a way to cope.
- Don’t drink your calories. Beverages can contain a ton of calories and they don’t do anything to fill you up. Drinking water has amazing health benefits and none of the draw backs of calorie heavy drinks. Add cucumbers, raspberries or lemons to your water to give it a little flavor without making it full of calories.
Raspberry Cilantro Lime Infused Water
- Plan Ahead- With little ones, it is so easy to go through a drive-thru the second someone in the back seat starts complaining they are hungry while we are running errands. I tell myself that one cheeseburger won’t hurt and cheeseburgers need fries. Before I know it my calorie intake is way too high. It only takes a few seconds to throw a Slimfast bar in my bag before we leave and then I have a great protein rich option to replace the drive-thru, that doesn’t kill my calories for the day.
- Journal everything. Write down all of the things you eat. You will be surprised at the things you are putting in your mouth without even realizing it. Write down your water intake so you can be sure to keep it high. Journaling keeps you accountable to yourself. If it is easier for you, journal on your phone.
- Remove the temptation. It is hard to eat an entire package of cookies after lunch if you don’t have cookies Laying around the house. If the things laying around your house are healthier choices, you will automatically eat healthier.