I have been wearing glasses since I was in elementary school and even though I only get a new pair every couple years, I have ended up with a ton of glasses cases over the years. It seems like such a shame to waste something that is perfect for organizing and throwing into your purse, so I have come up with some great alternative uses for those cases you have laying around.
1. Manicure Case. I have been obsessed with little manicure sets for as long as I remember. The problem with them is that usually the tools inside them are junk. Use a glasses case to make your own set. You can use your favorite brand of tools and have them easy access in your purse whenever you need them.
2. First Aid Kit- A glasses case makes a perfect first aid kit because they close tightly and keep the contents from spilling all over your purse. Use the case to hold first aid ointment, bandages and medicine without worrying it is going to go all over.
3. Makeup brushes- Won’t lie, I have been guilty of just throwing my makeup brushes in my dirty makeup bag. A glasses case is small enough to throw into your makeup bag, but will still keep your brushes cleaner than throwing them straight in.
4. I love keeping my headphones in my purse, but I hate how tangled they are when I pull them out. Use a case to keep your headphones and chargers neat and easily accessible.
5. A Beauty Touch Up Kit- I can’t tell you how many times I have been out and about and wished I had an extra bobby pin or hair tie. This little kit keeps all those things at your fingertips.
6. Small Sewing Kit. This little kit would be perfect to keep in your desk at work for those unfortunate wardrobe malfunctions.
7. Kids Kit. How many times have you found yourself waiting at the doctor and wished you had something to occupy your kids? Usually I end up losing my phone to my 6-year-old, which I hate. I always get it back with a messy screen and 200 extra photos of people in the waiting room. I love the idea of this little kit. Small enough to keep in your purse, but still contains things to keep the occupied. This one has crayons, a small pad of paper, a car, bouncy ball and Lego mini figures.
Of course, you can also use them for their intended purpose, to protect your glasses.
Do you use your cases for anything other than holding glasses?
Those are great ideas! I have a couple of eyeglass cases and will be using it to hold some of my daughter's little toys.
Cathy Mini says
I am actually already using my eye glasses case I don't use to hold our iPhone charger cable and earphones!! That is awesome you had that in your post! haha
Masshole Mommy says
I love all your ideas. Especially the first aid kit.
Melanie @ bear rabbit bear says
I like all these ideas, but especially the crayon one!
Kadie Arrington says
What great ideas! I love the first aid kit, that way the first aid kit wont get smashed. 🙂
Erica S (EricasRecipes.com) says
awesome ideas thank you!
Janet Krugel says
These are such fun ideas and we have a few glasses cases around that I could use for this!
My youngest loves the eyeglass cases. The little place to stow things appeals to his nature. 🙂
These are really great ideas! I have a few cases I could do this with!
BonBon Rose Girls Kristin says
I didn't realize how multi-purpose glasses cases can be!
Mistee Dawn says
Oh, these are awesome ideas. I need to make me a little sewing kit with my old glasses case.
Nicole Burkholder says
The makeup brush idea is genius! Keeps them from getting all squashed in your bag. Really, all of these are smart! I don't wear glasses, but now I wish I did 😉 I love that red case that's holding the first aid supplies!
Watch at the Goodwill etc. There are usually tons of them.
Jamie Sanders says
We have SO MANY glasses cases laying around. I don't know why we've never used them like this!
Amy @ The Stitchin Mommy says
These are such great ideas! I am a crocheter so I would probably find a way to fit some of my crochet notions into a case 🙂
I use a case for crochet needles, small scissors and one or two things I might need (on the go) for the crochet work I’m doing.
Reesa Lewandowski says
This is so genius! And a great way to maximize space in a bag!
kristi dominguez says
So many great ideas!! 🙂
Onica MommyFactor says
My eye glass case only holds my glasses but these are some great ideas. Empty cases can be found anywhere to be reused with these ideas.
foody schmoody says
really cute ideas. I am also a glasses wearer, I'll have to remember to save my old cases for repurposing. Thanks for the ideas.
Caitlin Fore says
This is awesome! I love the list of reasons to use your glasses case for something other than your glasses. Awesome!
Stephanie Pass says
These are such great ideas! I never thought about using a glasses case to hold little things, and we have a lot of them.
I love the brush case idea! My brushes are in a soft case but it doesnt protect them as well as I would like.
Cathy Henry Jill McEldowney says
I have so many cases laying around – now they might get used!
Love the crayon idea! Perfect for my purse!
Sara Glover says
These are all great!!
Nicky Omohundro says
All great ideas. I carry an emory board, chapstick, and hand lotion in my old glasses case.
April Grant says
I love repurposing and reusing items. I have a couple of glass cases that would be great! Thanks.
These are all such great ideas!