This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond® as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Remember when you were a teenager and having a party with friends was as easy as calling them up and choosing a time and place? Those were the days.
As an adult, having a party or even a simple get-together can sometimes turn into a complicated affair. But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it. Getting together with friends for an evening of games and food is a great way to strengthen existing relationships or build new friendships with your neighbors or coworkers.
But where do you start?
Thankfully you only really need to figure out two things:
- What to eat
- What to do
I’ve got you covered on both. Keep reading for a complete party plan.
What to Eat
You don’t need to bring in gourmet catering or become a master of the InstantPot to impress. Often the best approach is minimal food preparation, opting for snacks over full meals. This lets guests enjoy the food while staying focused on the activities and conversation.
One of the easiest ways to really create a fantastic assortment of snacks for your game night is to think in pairings. Unique flavor combinations of sweet and salty or sweet and spicy will really set your refreshments apart from a normal party. Think cheese, nuts, and fruit. Here are some of my favorite options:
- Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit Sea Salt & Whole Blueberry
- Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit Fiery Ghost Pepper & Tart Cherry
- Green apples
- Pepper jack cheese squares
- Sourdough bread
I absolutely love the new Almonds & Fruit combination from Blue Diamond. Almonds & Fruit is the perfect way to mix up your party foods and add a touch of elegance. From the classic flavor combination of Sea Salt and Blueberry to adventurous flavors like Fiery Ghost Pepper and Tart Cherry, you get a sophisticated snack you can feel good about serving. Each batch is made from the finest California Almonds and real fruit pieces which makes sure each bite is packed with nutrients and flavor.
You can pick up Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit at Walmart using the current Ibotta offer to help you save and snack!
Check out the Ibotta Offer here.
You can also find a coupon in last Sunday’s (7/21) paper!
7 Fantastic Party Games for Adults
Once you have a good idea of what you want to serve, you need to figure out what to do at your party. Don’t count on conversation alone to carry your night, particularly if your guests don’t know one another well. An easy way to keep everyone engaged and get to know one another is to play games.
You can always pull out some traditional board games, or select from the ready-made list below. Most of the games below need very few supplies or preparation; some require just paper and pencil.
1. Two Truths and A Lie
- Each person takes a turn telling three things about themselves. Two must be true and one must be a lie.
- The group guesses which one is the lie.
- Once everyone guesses, the person reveals the truth and explains their truths!
2. Conversation Starters
Download the printable at the end of this post for some fantastic questions to get your party talking! Cut apart the squares and place in a bowl for people to grab and answer.
3. Never Have I Ever
- Make a circle of chairs with enough seats for every person except one. That person will stand up and say “Never have I ever…” and fill in the gap with something they haven’t done.
- Anyone who has done that thing has to get up and find a new seat.
- The person who is left without a seat starts the game over again.
4. Mirror Charades
- Everyone sits in a line, so they can’t see behind them.
- Two people get up. One goes behind the group and is given the slip of paper. They begin acting out what they read on the slip of paper.
- The other person is in front of the group and does NOT know what is on the slip of paper but must act out what they see the person doing.
5. Dictionary Definitions
- Everyone needs a piece of paper and a pencil. One person will open a dictionary and find a random word.
- They announce the word to the group and make sure no one knows what it means.
- Each person writes down a definition of the word on their piece of paper. The person who read the word writes down the correct definition.
- All of the papers are put in a bowl and then read one by one.
- Everyone votes on the correct definition. If you guess the correct definition you earn a point and you also earn points if anybody guessed that your definition was correct.
6. Murder She Winked
- Pass around a bowl with a piece of paper for each person. The papers are all blank except one marked with an M. That person is the murderer.
- The murderer kills by making eye contact with someone and winking.
- The murderer is trying to kill as many people as possible without getting caught and everyone else is trying to catch them.
7. Stick Em’
- You will need a sheet of stickers for each person playing.
- Each person tries to discreetly put their stickers on other people without being caught.
- If they are caught, they have to put the sticker on themselves.
- The person with the least amount of stickers on them at the end wins!
So what are you waiting for? Grab some paper, pencils and Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit and send out the evites.
Printables in this post are for personal use and available to subscribers of Housewife Eclectic only. To use this printable, please SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Once you have subscribed, click the links below to download the printables.