Back to School is here and since I have never been one for an apple themed mantel, I decided to was time to do a Back To Hogwarts Mantel. This easy mantel was so much fun to put together and I can’t wait to do variations of it in years to come.
You Will Need:
- A wreath in Gryffindor colors (tutorial later in the post)
- Harry Potter Tea Cup Planters (You can find the tutorial for them here)
- The Illustrated Versions of Harry Potter
- A Bird Cage
- Hedwig Stuffed Animal
- Paperback copies of Harry Potter
The best part of this mantel is aside from the couple of projects you have to make for it (the planters and the wreath), it is pretty much just an exercise in arranging things on the mantel. I placed the extra paperbacks in the catch with Hedwig to add an extra detail and including my favorite quote on my letterboard.
You May Also Like: Harry Potter Vacation Memory Box
You will need:
- a wire wreath form
- three rolls of burgundy mesh
- three rolls of gold mesh
Tie the end of one of the burgundy rolls to the outside ring on the wreath.
You May Also Like: Harry Potter Quidditch Cornhole
Pinch about three inches of mesh into a loop and push it through the top opening in the wreath. Pinch another three inch loop and push it through the second opening. Pinch a third three inch loop and push it through the third opening. Repeat the whole process, starting with the top opening again. Repeat one more time and then switch colors to gold.
Do not cut the mesh, just start the gold. Repeat the whole process again three times with the gold and then go back to the burgundy. Just bring the burgundy around the back of the wreath to start again.
You may also like: Fall Mesh Wreath
This mantel doesn’t get to hang around very long because My Nightmare Before Christmas mantel is up next and I can’t wait!
I am joining in with a bunch of other bloggers to share our Harry Potter Projects and give away some amazing Harry Potter items! Enter below.
To kick things off this year’s I’ve got an awesome giveaway! One lucky winner will receive all the amazing things below! ENTER by using the widget below (or clicking here). To see all the new Harry Potter projects and find enter check here as they will be updated daily!
- $50 Amazon gift card perfect for picking out your own awesome Harry Potter swag or stocking up on craft supplies to make your own inspired by the great tutorials from the series!
- $50 Shop credit to spend on LuLaRoe with RaeGunRoe who will be having a special Harry Potter inspired event during the series!
- One Harry Potter Baby Costume or House Tie Necklace from RaeGun perfect for Halloween, or sporting to a vacation to the Wizarding world, or just for any old Tuesday!
- One Nerdifore from Giggles and Mischief (put to a $40) she makes the cutest Harry Potter inspired dresses for big girls as well as My Little Pony, Super Hero and other awesomely geeky options.
- Dumbledore and Harry Potter action figures!
- Other surprise Harry Potter swag!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
this is soooo cute! your mantels are the best!