This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
When Cricut announced the Cricut EasyPress Mini, I was ecstatic! I love putting heat transfer on an oddly shaped items that just don’t work well with a heat press or iron. Remember my Polaroid backpack? That would have been SO much easier with the mini. I finally got my hands on this mini by mighty product and I am COMPLETELY In love.
Why The Cricut EasyPress Mini
- The size! The compact size allows you to get high heat into smaller areas, so you can customize items that were difficult before like baseball hats and shoes!
- The storage space. This press hardly takes up any room at all!
- The price point. The most affordable heat press on the market.
- Ceramic-coated heat plate for dry, even, edge-to-edge heat
- 3 heat settings
- insulated base and auto-shutoff
- Precision tip for small details
- The Cricut EasyPress Mini is fantastic for pressing seams, or paper piecing and applique projects.
The heat press is proof that bigger isn’t always better, sometimes the heat press that you could toss in your purse is the perfect one for the job. I decide to tackle something I have wanted to do forever, canvas shoes!
You may also like: Book Themed Shirts For Your Favorite Reader
For this project you will need:
- Cat Face(#MB0D8876)
- To make things really easy, just use my cut files found here.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Maker
For my daughter’s shoe size (11-12 kids) I ended up using about 5 cat heads and a Meow. If you are doing bigger or smaller shoes, that number will change. Just copy and paste however many you want. I always cut more than I think I will need, so I only need to cut once.
Resize your cat heads to be 1 inch wide. You can do this by playing with the arrows, or typing one inch in the width box at the top of the screen.
Resize your Meow to be 1.5 inches wide.
Cut out your glitter vinyl, make sure to mirror everything!
For the Cat Shoes you will need:
- Canvas shoes in the right size
- Glitter Heat Transfer cut into cat shapes
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- tissue paper
Weed all of the little cat heads from your cut and then cut them apart into individual cats.
Heat your EasyPress Mini up, by plugging it in, pushing the button to select your setting and waiting for it to turn green.
Fill your shoes with tissue paper. Place your Meow first and apply 30 seconds of heat and pressure. Slowly start to peel the transfer, if anything comes up, place the plastic sheet back down and press it again.
I tried both with and without tissue paper in the toe of the shoe and it definitely worked better with tissue paper stuffed in the shoe.
Repeat for the cats all over the shoes. I did two on the toes with the Meow and then one on each side and one of the heel.
Peel all of your plastic carrier sheets and double-check all of the heat transfer it properly affixed.
Proudly wear those kitty shoes everywhere you go!
Do you have a cat lover in your life that would love these?
Leave a Reply