Fiesta Chicken Enchilada Dip
For some people comfort food is macaroni and cheese or chicken noodle soup. Maybe I’m crazy, but comfort food to me is all about delicious Mexican food.
Perhaps it comes from the years I spent living in deep South Texas, but there’s something comforting about tortilla chips and a dip. And this Fiesta Chicken Enchilada Dip hits the spot.
While I can’t say I ever remember having an authentic dish like this, it reminds me of all the good times and yummy food in Texas.
This dip is so easy to make and is great for a simple dinner or for a party dish.
1-2 chicken breasts, shredded
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can yellow corn
1 can red enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
½ tsp cumin
1½ cups shredded colby jack cheese
⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through and shred.
- Evenly spread enchilada sauce across the bottom of a glass casserole dish, going all the way to the edges.
- Pour in the shredded chicken, corn and black beans. Add the taco seasoning, cumin and cilantro. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and top with diced tomatoes.
- Eat with tortilla chips.
It’s a simple dish to be sure, but delicious and flavorful. Make sure you have plenty of tortilla chips on hand because this dip goes fast!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Check out these other delicious recipes on the blog
- Copycat Chili’s Skillet Queso
- Fresh Loaded Steak Nachos
- BBQ Chicken Wonton Bowls
- Chicken Lime Tortilla Soup