Nachos are a summertime staple around our house and for good reason: they’re light, delicious, and allow us to use the grill. But quality nachos require more than sprinkling cheese over some chips and microwaving for a minute.
That’s where these Grilled Pork Irish Nachos come in. They’re a cross between Irish nachos and traditional Mexican nachos. And they’re delicious! They combine multiple flavor profiles to make for one delicious bite after another. But, like so many good things in life, they take a bit of time to put together. But trust me — it’s worth it.
5-6 medium potatoes
1.5 lbs boneless pork chops
1 can black beans
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2-3 green onions, sliced
1. Slice the potatoes into thin rounds, somewhere between 1/8″ and 1/4″ thick. Place each round flat on a baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle the potatoes with season salt, thyme, and rosemary. Then lightly sprinkle olive oil over the potatoes.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 450 degrees (or until cooked through), flipping the potatoes over halfway through.
4. While the potatoes are baking, sprinkle the chili powder on the pork chops and grill until done.
5. Remove the meat from the grill and place on a plate covered with tinfoil for 5 minutes. Then cut the meat into thin strips.
6. Once the potatoes are finished, remove from the oven and place the potatoes on oven-safe plates. Top with the sliced pork and black beans, then cover with shredded cheese.
7. Place the plates with the nachos into the oven and broil until the cheese is melted.
8. Remove from the oven and top with diced tomatoes, green onions, and sour cream.
This is our favorite way to do nachos now. Sure, it takes longer than using traditional tortilla chips, but it adds a greater depth of flavor and is more satisfying. Give it a try. Your taste buds will thank you!