Grown-up Chicken Nuggets
These grown-up chicken nuggets are easy to make, easy on the wallet and something adults and kids will eat. Plus, you can easily transform them into a full meal.
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Whisk the milk, vinegar, hot sauce, egg, flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to the mixture. Remove the chicken in small handfuls and coat in Panko bread crumbs.
- Using a large electric skillet, warm oil to medium-high heat.
- Carefully add the chicken to the oil, being careful not to let the chicken clump together. If it does, let it fry for a minute, then break apart with a metal spatula.
- Fry the chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oil and allow to rest on a paper towel lined plate.
Check out these other recipes on the blog