When I was little, my mom used to keep these little washcloth bunnies on hand for a couple of reasons. One. They are really adorable and two? They are the perfect little ice cube holder for a tiny little owie. I was a pretty dramatic kid, so I think this was how she made me feel better.
I was obsessed with these as a kid. Probably because they are really easy and don’t require sewing. You have probably all made these a bajillion times but just in case you haven’t, here’s a quick tutorial.
DIY Washcloth Bunny
You will need:
- A washcloth
- a rubber band
- a piece of ribbon
- a marker or googly eyes to make a face
- Take your washcloth and fold it into a triangle
- Starting with the small, pointed end, roll the washcloth up, until you have a single roll
- Now fold your roll of washcloth in half
- Then fold it in half again
- Wrap a rubber band around the front of the second fold. This is the bunny’s head.
- You want to leave plenty of room for there to be floppy ears. Fluff the ears up. There should be a circle in the back. This is where the ice cube goes when a little one has a boo-boo.
- Tie your ribbon around the rubber band.
I still have such fond memories of these bunnies. Probably because I was a bit of a drama queen and often thought I needed a band-aid or an ice cube for my so-called owie.
Have you ever made a washcloth bunny before?