Hello again friends! I’m here today to share a fun little pop-up card featuring preschool art. This monster hug card is perfect for Valentine’s Day or just for sending to a loved one who lives far away.
The pop-up folding part is more for older kids or an adult, but the art part is fun for toddlers on up. I will admit, I think I had even more fun than my kids did! We painted our monsters on a separate paper and then cut and glued them into the card, but you could save a step and just paint right on the card interior, too.
Kids’ Art Technique: Straw Painting
Make the Monster Pop-Up Card (with free printable template!)
- Fold it in half, crease, and then open it back up.
- Along the crease of the arms, gently fold it back the other way.
- Fold one edge of the arm down to match up with the edge of the paper, and crease the diagonal at the top, stopping at the middle crease.
- Then fold the arm back along the pre-made fold, and fold the top of the card down and press firmly — your corner will have a triangular part folded out.
- Repeat for the other arm.
- Now when you close the card, the arms should fold in, and then pop out when you open it!