There is a perfect cross-section of food that is part comfort food and part crock pot. These dishes are incredibly satisfying and easy to prepare in advance, meaning you can come home after a busy day and enjoy a dinner that will make the whole family happy.
This Savory Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is one such meal. Beef stroganoff is delicious to begin with, but when the meat has been slow cooking all day long, it’s incredible!
1 pkg egg noodles
2 lbs stew meat
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1½ cups beef broth
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
6 Tbsp apple juice
1/3 cup flour
1 pkg mushrooms, sliced
½ cup sour cream
- In a crock pot, add stew meat, salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic salt.
- Combine the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup in a separate bowl. Whisk together until combined. Pour into the crock pot and stir until mixed well.
- Cook the beef and sauce in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, combine flour and apple juice in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into the crock pot, along with sliced mushrooms, and stir well. Cook for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Prepare the egg noodles according package instructions and drain.
- Stir the sour cream into the crock pot mixture. Add the egg noodles and mix well.
- Top with parsley.