I’ve never been a huge fan of shrimp, but since my husband loves it I toss him a bone every now and then and make a dish that has shrimp in it. But if the other parts of the meal are even better, well that’s just a win for everyone.
That’s the case with this delicious Shrimp and Alfredo Pasta. While the shrimp is the meat in the dish, it’s by no means the star. The ingredients merge well to create an incredibly satisfying taste that’s rich and flavorful.
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 lb. penne pasta
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 C. mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp parsley
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
2 Tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp flour
1 can evaporated milk (6 oz.)
1/4 C. chicken broth
1 oz. cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic for a couple minutes, then whisk in the flour until it begins to brown. Carefully whisk in the evaporated milk, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the chicken broth and cream cheese and stir until sauce becomes smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread shrimp evenly across a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Lightly coat with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees. Set aside.
- Prepare the penne pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine the pasta, shrimp, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a greased glass baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and begins to turn a light brown.
- Remove and sprinkle parsley.
This dish is a piece of cake to prepare and the Alfredo sauce is awesome. Definitely a dish kids will like as much as the adults.