I’ve partnered with Green Giant, Optimum Nutrition, vitafusion and L’il Critters as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Eating better is sometimes easier said than done, but we have found in our house we can make healthy substitutions and our kids don’t even really notice. Some great substitutions include Green Giant Veggie Hash Browns. They are crunchy and delicious just like any other hashbrown but have a full serving of cauliflower in each serving of hashbrowns. Also, Green Giant Veggie Hash Browns are free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Easy Healthier Substitutions
- Green Giant Cauliflower Gnocchi—replace gnocchi in any meal with this cauliflower gnocchi. It has great flavor but is 40% cauliflower.
- Green Giant Four Cheese Pizza with Cauliflower Crust—How can pizza be healthier? Well, Green Giant found a way! This delicious pizza is made on a cauliflower crust, so it is perfect for pizza night as well as anyone watching their carbs. Bonus points: It is gluten-free too!
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals Spaghetti Squash—We love replacing our traditional pasta with a vegetable alternative. If our kids notice, all they do is comment on how cool it is that the pasta is really veggies!
While making some great substitutions is perfect for the little ones, sometimes mom and dad need a little bit more help getting their protein. My husband and I have tried about every protein powder on the planet and this is what we come back to.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
Gold Standard Whey is a source full of essential protein. It is perfect before or after exercise. I usually drink mine with breakfast to get me going before my workout.
It is the #1 World’s Best Selling Whey Protein Powder. It is also one of the best-tasting protein powders out there and it is easy to mix in a shaker cup or with a glass and spoon—just mix with cold water or your favorite beverage. I prefer milk and while that does add calories, it’s extra protein!
Here are some of the benefits of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey:
- 24g of protein (whey protein isolate is the primary source so much of the carbs and fat are isolated out or removed)
- Delicious and easy to mix with glass and spoon
- Only 120 calories
- 1.5g fat (or less)
- 2g sugar (or less)
- 5.5g of naturally occurring BCAA (building blocks to muscle growth)
- 4g of naturally-occurring Glutamine & Glutamic Acid (key recovery component)
We actually use protein shakes for our older daughter quite a bit. Because she struggles to get all of her protein, it is so helpful to have something she will drink that I know is helping her have the nutrition and energy she needs to get through the day.
Get the right kind of vitamins for each member of the family
It can be so tempting to buy one kind of vitamin and share the bottle among the family but every person needs something different!
For our kids, we love L’il Critters Children’s Gummy Vitamins by vitafusion. They taste great and they are absolutely adorable! L’il Critters is the only gummy vitamin brand with proven absorption*! That is so important! What good is your vitamin if your body isn’t absorbing it? They also don’t have anything extra in them—no artificial sweeteners or flavors, high-fructose corn syrup, synthetic dyes, or gluten or dairy!
*For Vitamins C & D3 in products that contain those nutrients
For my husband and I, we buy vitafusion Men and Women’s Gummy Vitamins, the #1 gummy vitamin brand. Who says adults can’t have gummy vitamins too? Vitafusion steps up the gummy vitamin game with award-winning taste and proven nutrient absorption.
Make working out a family activity! Whenever people think of working out, they think of people at a gym or running on a track. It doesn’t have to be like that! You can work out in ways that will give you a great workout and will be fun for the family too! Here are our favorite ways to work out together as a family.
Family Obstacle Course
This is one of our absolute favorite ways to work out together as a family! We create an obstacle course with items from our home and then we run it! We run our obstacle courses in a few different ways.
The first way is the most obvious: each person runs the course separately and we time them! The person with the fastest time wins.
The second way is a little more unconventional but my kids absolutely love it! We call it Follow The Leader. Each member of the family runs the obstacle course in a single file line. The first person in line runs the obstacles but adds a little bit of flair. For instance, they will sing I’m A Little Teapot while jumping on the trampoline or stick out their tongue while jump roping. The goal is to be the most like the leader. Sometimes we have someone sit out and judge and sometimes we all just get in on the fun. My kids beg to do this version of an obstacle course every single day! Now that is a win!
For your obstacle course, you can use fitness items or you can use items from around your home. You don’t have to go out and buy anything special, but it can make it a little more fun.
Some ideas for items in your obstacle course
- Jump rope
- Cones to run around (we used cans of food before we bought cones)
- Small trampoline for jumping
- Large fitness ball for bouncing on
- Hula hoops
- Basketball and hoop
- A play tube that you have to crawl through
- Balance beam
Ideas for your obstacle course that don’t involve buying a lot of extra things
- Running around items, such as cans on the ground
- Jumping over items, such as a couch in the house, or a toy in the backyard
- Make a tunnel out of chairs and blankets and crawl through it
- Streamers in a hallway taped to the walls create a laser course. Go through the course and don’t touch the streamers!
- A tape balance beam or even a garden wall
- Chairs to climb over or around
- Crab walking
- Wheelbarrow walking with two people
Seriously. Give an obstacle course a try. You’ll find that you laugh and have a great workout!
Fitness Video Games
Who says you can’t get a workout from watching TV? Our kids are always up for dancing and sports video games. You might be surprised by how sore you can wake up from them!
Do at-home workout videos
This can seem like it wouldn’t be exciting to kids at all, but turn it into a game! My kids love to try and hold planks longer than my husband or I can. Or their favorite thing ever? Crawling through the tunnel when we do wall sits.
Hiking is a great way to get those steps in with younger kids. There is so much to see! Worried your kids will whine the whole time? Bring sugar-free suckers. It works every time!
This is another kid favorite in our house. We crank up the music and dance!
Want to hit the gym together?
Great! Enter below for a chance to win a free gym membership!
- Enter the Resolutions at Walmart Sweepstakes for a chance to win a gym membership for a year!
- Entries valid from December 28, 2019 – February 24, 2020
- Limit one prize per person or household. Only one valid entry per person over the sweepstakes.
- Visit WalmartResolutions.com for full terms and conditions
How is your family getting healthier together in the new year?
Leave a Reply