We were well out of the baby stage in our house when I found out I was pregnant with our second child. I hadn't changed a diaper in years and night time feedings were a distant memory. I wasn't that worried about it, surely a having a newborn is like riding a bicycle, right? Not as much as I thought it would be. We have had to ease ourselves back into the newborn phase and everything that comes with it. These are the things that have helped us keep our sanity and enjoy our new baby.
1. Boppy Pillow. These are an absolute necessity for me when it comes to nursing. Without a Boppy Pillow, my back gets stiff and my arms gets tired, which I have little patience for during the day, let alone in the middle of the night. I actually have two of these, one for upstairs and one for downstairs, so I don't have to drag them all over the house.
2. Diaper Changing Basket. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but a central basket that has diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream and other simple necessities is a life saver. There is no walking around the house trying to remember where you left the rash ointment because it is in a central place.
3. Nursing Tanks or stretchy tanks. With the help of tank tops, I was able to get into my regular clothes must faster even as much nursing as newborns do. It allowed me to layer my clothes and feel comfortable nursing wherever I was, because I didn't have to displace everything I was wearing.
4. Swaddling blankets. I used to think that a blanket was just a blanket. Never again. Blankets that are specifically made for swaddling work so much better and keep baby warmer.
5. Boppy Newborn Lounger. This baby seat has been a life saver. It is light weight enough that my 5-year-old can grab it for me if I need it in another part of the house and it cuddles my newborn perfectly, so she will do something she wouldn't do it any other seat, calmly sit while awake.
The Boppy Newborn Lounger is specifically designed for babies up to 16 pounds, it is portable, with an easy carry handle and it has easy to clean fabric since we all know that newborns are the messiest little people on the planet. While the Newborn Lounger isn't meant for sleeping, it is a great seat for your baby when you need both hands free.
I seriously love the Boppy Newborn Lounger, its portability means I need fewer baby seats and clutter in my house. Since it is so easy to clean, I don't worry about any messes and it really does keep my newborn comfortable when I am cooking dinner or helping my 5-year-old.
To stay up to date with all the products from Boppy, make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. Boppy has even been generous enough to offer all Housewife Eclectic readers 20% off the purchase of a newborn lounger. Just use the promo code NBL20 at checkout.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boppy Newborn Lounger . The opinions and text are all mine.