Fruit Drink packets and a little sugar and corn syrup. This popcorn recipe mixes up in less than an hour, requires minimal baking skills and it goes perfectly with Kool-Aid's new 96 oz Ready-To-Drink bottles.
You will need:
- 10 cups of plain popcorn (a little less than 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 package of Kool-Aid (For red, you need Cherry and for blue you need Mixed Berry)
- cooking spray
Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and then measure out 10 cups of popped popcorn into it. Set aside. Mix the corn syrup, sugar and Kool-Aid powder in a sauce pan until smooth. Bring to a boil and then stir constantly over medium heat for five minutes.
Tips for making the popcorn:
- The baking soda lightens the color of whatever Kool-Aid package you use, so you need something darker to start with. Watermelon or Strawberry Kool-Aid will give you pink popcorn, not red, but they are really delicious.
- Clean your pots and bowls immediately after use, or at least soak them in hot water immediately.
- If you end up with mixture stuck in your sauce pan, fill with water and boil on the stove until the mixture dissolves.
- For white popcorn, don't add the Kool-Aid to the mixture.
- Use a sturdy spoon or spatula.
Friday May 30th 5-7pm:
13675 Highway 43 Russellville, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 3-5pm:
3100 Hough Rd Florence, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 6-8pm:
517 Avalon Ave Muscle Shoals, AL WM Supercenter
Friday June 20th 5-7pm:
1210 Mineral Wells Ave Paris, TN WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 3-5pm:
1225 Paris Rd Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 6-8pm:
809 N 12th St Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Friday August 8th 5-7pm:
360 Harbison Blvd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 3-5pm:
1326 Bush River Rd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 6-8pm:
2401 Augusta Rd West Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
I am going to send my nephews, who live in South Carolina to their local Walmart to join in the fun this summer. How are you going to #KoolOff with Kool-Aid this 4th of July?