The result is this recipe for a tasty buffalo wing inspired egg rolls. To be perfectly honest, there aren't actually any chicken wings in this recipe, though you could definitely do it. But that would require some time pulling chicken off bones.
1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
Louisiana hot sauce (AKA buffalo sauce)
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 can Corn, cooked
1 Jalapeno, diced
Egg roll wrappers
Oil for frying
- Prepare the fried chicken by frying the cutlets in vegetable oil at 350 degrees (about medium heat on the stove top) until cooked through and the outside starts to become crispy. Don't fry too long or your chicken will become dry.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the desired amount of hot sauce. Mix well until the butter and sauce become smooth. Add the fried chicken and coat well.
- Remove the chicken and slice into 1/4" to 1/2" strips. Return to the sauce and mix well.
- Prepare each egg roll by placing the fried chicken strips down the middle (you may want to add a little hot sauce for extra flavor, but not so much that your egg roll is swimming in sauce). Top with cooked corn, jalapeno and tortilla strips. Roll up the egg roll.
- Fry the egg rolls in vegetable oil in a pan on the stove top on medium heat until the egg roll turns a nice golden brown. Flip the egg rolls and continue to fry until the other side is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel lined plate. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with celery sticks and dip in ranch dressing.
This is perfect tailgate food. It's finger food, it's fried (multiple times) and there's something to dip it in. While I will always advocate for the real deal when it comes to wings, these egg rolls definitely hit the spot.