Ronald McDonald House Charities has a special place in my heart. RMHC is a worthy cause that seeks to help families with sick and injured children. Many time when a child is sick or injured they must seek medical help far away from home. This can leave a parent with the real possibility of being away from their child, which is heart breaking and scary for both parent and child. RMHC seeks to keep families together by giving people a place to stay while they child is being taken care of at little to no cost to them. Every Ronald McDonald House provides private rooms, home cooked meals and play rooms for children so that parents can focus on helping their child heal instead of how they are going to afford a hotel.
Right now RMHC is looking to raise money so they can help even more families in need. There are a lot of ways to raise money but my personal favorite is a bake sale. I love spending time in my kitchen creating lots of delicious goodies and why not put all of those goodies to good use? I have compiled some of the things from many many bake sales and included some of my favorite recipes below that always do so well at a sale!
Tips for a Bake Sale
- Location! Find a great high traffic area! What about a high traffic street corner or maybe at a local park.
- Recruit Help. Let people know about Ronald McDonald House Charities and why you want to help! Recruit people in your schools, church and neighborhood to bake cookies, cakes and other items for the sale!
- Label everything with a price. It may help to have a standard pricing system such as items that are $1, $3, $5 and $10.
- Have everything ready to sell. Make sure every cake or plate of cookies is packaged in a way that is easy to sell. This also takes care of some of the sanitation issues of having food out.
- Have small items like individual cookies ready to sell for those who want to buy something small.
- Think of larger items like whole cakes too! These can be sold for more money.
My husband always thinks it is hilarious that a no-bake cookie is my go to go a bake sale, but they always sell SO fast! There is something perfectly delicious about peanut butter and chocolate together. These cookies are so easy to make gluten free and what an amazing option to have at a bake sale!
Gluten Free No Bake Cookies
You will need:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free quick-cooking oats
- parchment paper
Combine the butter, cocoa, sugar and milk in a sauce pan. Melt the butter and stir until everything is well combined. Bring to a boil. Boil for 60 seconds (yes, set a timer!) and then remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Immediately stir in the oats. Drop spoonfuls of cookies on to a sheet of parchment paper and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
These easy cookies are the perfect recipe for your kids to make for the a bake sale or cake auction themselves. Other ideas of good recipes to include:
How would you help RMHC help families?