When it comes to grilling there are few things as iconic as kabobs. They look so pretty and yummy. But if you've never made them, you may wonder just how to do it.
Fortunately, it's super quick and easy to make kabobs. With minimal effort you can put together a delicious and healthy dinner.
1-2 lbs. beef stew meat
½ cup teriyaki marinade
1 pkg mushrooms, halved
1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
½ pineapple, cut into chunks
1-2 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
Salt and pepper
- Place stew meat and teriyaki marinade in a Ziploc bag and gently massage. Allow the meat to marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Cut the veggies and pineapple.
- Place the meat and veggies on a skewer, placing a piece of meat between every few vegetables. Alternate for variety. Start and end with meat.
- Very lightly brush with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Grill on high heat, rotating every 4-5 minutes, until the meat and veggies start to get char marks.
- Serve with rice.
That's it! Super easy. It's a fun and easy way to get kids to eat healthy foods because it's so different from the typical presentation of meat and vegetables. Plus, it will appeal to your adult palette. It's also a great way to add a healthier touch to your tailgate or weekend football party without getting too far away from traditional football food.