Mexican food is by far my favorite type of food. I could probably eat it every day and not get tired of it. One of my favorite Mexican food flavor profiles is lime. These Grilled Lime Chicken Tacos are a great summer meal that are packed with lime flavor.
INGREDIENTSFor The Chicken
1/2 cup sour cream
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
For The Salsa
1 small pkg cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 avocado, chopped
- Add the sour cream, lime juice and cilantro to a food processor and puree to create a marinade. Place the marinade in a large sealable plastic bag and add the chicken. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and pound until about 1/2" thick throughout. Grill on high heat for 6 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 3-5 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Prepare each taco by adding chicken, salsa, and shredded cheese in a warm tortilla.
Grilled chicken is delicious any time, but with the lime marinade, this chicken is loaded with flavor and it comes through with each bite of the taco. The salsa is also light and fresh, making this a meal you definitely need to try this summer.