Disney on Ice is one of our absolute favorite family outings! Our kids always have so much fun and beg to go back, between seeing their favorite characters and the amazing tricks on the ice, it is an enjoyable outing for everyone in the family!
The current show in Salt Lake City is Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment. Get a small peek at the show below. The show is here November 14th – 17th at Vivint Smart Home Arena. Find all of my tips for the show below!
Rev up for non-stop fun with four of your favorite Disney stories at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment. Thrill to high-speed stunts as Lightning McQueen, Mater and the crew of Disney•Pixar’s Cars race across the ice! Dive into adventure with Ariel and The Little Mermaid’s undersea kingdom. The toys are back in town with heroic action when Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie and the Toy Story gang escape from Sunnyside Daycare and race for home in their most daring adventure! Plus, enter the wintry world of Arendelle with sisters Anna and Elsa and pals Olaf and Kristoff from Disney’s Frozen as they learn that true love comes from within. From wheels to waves, icy wonderlands to infinity and beyond, your family’s favorite Disney moments come to life at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment.
- Dress up! A lot of little kids will be dressed up in their favorite Disney outfits. My girls have dressed up every time we have gone and it is so much fun! It is Disney’s policy to only allow kids under the age of 14 to be dressed up to prevent confusion, so keep that in mind.
2. It can be chilly inside the arena. Since you are headed to watch on a show that takes place on ice, you might want a jacket. I am usually very comfortable in a hoodie and my kids in long sleeves but it can be quite cold inside.
3. Know your show. Disney on Ice is very good at letting you know which Disney shows will be apart of your experience. There are usually four. At this show, there was Toy Story 3, The Little Mermaid, Frozen and Cars. Knowing your show will help you make sure that you aren’t promising characters to your kids that aren’t going to appear. The shows, for the most part, all start with appearances by Mickey and Minnie.
4. Glow in the dark toys are half the fun of Disney on Ice! There will be a LOT of glow in the dark toys for sale around the arena. We splurged once and now just bring our glow in the dark toys from that show with us when we come to Disney on Ice. Our toys spin and it is so much fun for my kids to feel like an active part of the show.
5. I have been taking my kids to Disney on Ice since they were babies. They have loved it every single time. Disney on Ice is the most magical experience right around 4-6, but they have enjoyed it when they were younger and older.
6. Disney on Ice is about 2 hours long. It usually starts at 7 PM here and goes right until 9 PM. This does include a 15-minute intermission. When my kids were really little this was a little late for them, so consider a matinee for little ones!
7. Plan to be there early. I am not sure what parking is like at your venue, but we usually have to park and walk. Then there is SO. Much. to look at inside the venue, that my kids always want to look around before the show. There are a lot of really cool toys and treats all over the place. If you are not planning on purchasing anything, it may be a good idea to enter the venue close to your seats to avoid these areas.
8. Sing! Half of the fun is watching your kids sing along with their favorite characters! You are welcome to sing and dance, just be courteous to those around you.
9. Take pictures. Photography is allowed and even encourages! Take all the selfies! I love taking videos of my kids enjoying the show and singing along.
10. Have fun! Seriously. You are going to have the time of your life!
What characters would your kids want to see in Disney on Ice?