The holidays are my favorite time of year! They are a time of such need and the perfect time to give back. My husband and I have made a goal of doing a large service project every year to help our kids understand how important helping is, but my absolute favorite thing we do? 30 Random Acts of Kindness in 30 days. These are all little things, like taping dollars to items at the dollar store and listening to someone just because they need it, but it is the perfect way to change the world. If we all did more random acts of kindness, think of how wonderful the world would be. Here are some of the things we plan on doing this year together as a family and separately.
You can download this printable at the end of this post!
Way to Give Back To Your Work
- Leave money on a vending machine for someone
- Bring in donuts for the office one morning
- Praise a job well done that most people don’t notice
- Clean up the break room or another high use area
- Praise a coworker to their boss
Way to Give Back To Your School
- Bring extra pencils to share with those who need them
- Help tutor someone struggling with learning a new concept
- Thank the people helping out in the lunchroom
- Write a thank-you note to your teacher
- Sit next to and talk to someone sitting by themselves
You May Also Like: Christmas Craft Advent for Small Children
Way to Give Back To Your Neighborhood
- Mow/Rake/Shovel your neighbor’s property
- Pick up trash
- Bring your neighbor’s garbage cans back up their driveaway after garbage day
- Drop off cookies to a neighbor you don’t know well
- Stop at a child’s lemonade stand
- Return shopping carts to their place
- Make dinner for a family that could use some help
Way to Give Back To Your Family
- Make someone else’s bed before they have a chance
- Do a chore for someone else, preferably one they hate
- Leave a note telling a family member how much you love them
- Read a favorite book to a younger family member
- Call an extended family member just because
- Make a list of family member birthdays and remember to wish them a happy birthday
Way to Give Back To Your Community
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Feed someone’s parking meter
- Leave notes of encouragement on people’s cars
- Take treats to the local police or fire station
- Hold open the door at the store
- Donate your old clothes and toys
- Make cards for a nursing home
- Donate books to the library
- Donate food to the food pantry
Easy Ways to Give Back with T-Mobile
This Giving Tuesday, T-Mobile is making it easy to make the world a better place. Staring on Giving Tuesday, December 3, there are two ways for people to get involved with T-Mobile and give back.
T-Mobile Customers: Save a Deal, Give a Meal. When customers save any deal in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app on Giving Tuesday, T-Mobile will donate a meal to Feeding America.
Everyone: Every time anyone tweets the hashtag #GivingOnUs, T-Mobile will contribute 10 meals to Feeding America. In total, via Twitter and the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, T-Mobile will donate up to 5 million meals to Feeding America!
T-Mobile is taking it even farther with their employees. Throughout the final months of 2019 and into the New Year, T-Mobile is coordinating up to 100 employee volunteer events with local Feeding America-affiliated organizations across the country. The initiative gives T-Mobile employees a way to provide hands-on support to the organizations that are feeding families facing hunger, right in their own backyard.
And that’s not all! To further employee support of the communities and organizations they’re most passionate about, the T-Mobile Foundation will deposit $25 into every employee’s Giving Account, which they can donate to the charity of their choice this holiday season. With 52,000 #TeamMagenta members across the U.S., that adds up to a potential $1.3 million of charitable giving! Find out more information here.
You May Also Like: Service Centered Christmas Advent
Why Feeding America?
This holiday season, more than 37 million Americans will face hunger at home. By donating financial resources and employee volunteer hours and activating its fans and followers to do their #GivingOnUs, T-Mobile is making a big impact on a huge problem.
What ways do you give back to your family and community?
Random Acts of Kindness Printable
Printables in this post are for personal use and available to subscribers of Housewife Eclectic only. To use this printable, please SUBSCRIBE NOW.