I’m baaack… Lorene here again to share one of my favorite little geeky projects: sonic screwdriver replica ornaments.
Last Christmas, I made my favorite Whovian (that’s Debra) a whole Doctor Who tree, complete with a Weeping Angel tree topper, character tree skirt, police box lighted sign, Doctors and companions garland, and oodles of Doctor-inspired ornaments. I’ve previously shared the Weeping Angel Tree Topper today I’m starting out the ornaments with these mini sonic screwdrivers.
Create a Mini Version of The Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver
- two marbles, one blue and one green
- various pens, slide whistles, or other longish items, preferably hollow
- (optional) wire to wrap around to add texture
- glue (I used hot glue)
- spray paint
- dollar store slide whistle with the top whistle part cut off
- hollow neck part of a cheap old toothbrush
- dollar store highlighter cap (upside down)
- blue marble
- top part (from the grip to the tip) of an old pen body
- dollar store slide whistle main body section (both ends cut off) — wrapped with wire to add texture
- dollar store slide whistle slides for the retractable arm thingies (which are not retractable)
- green marble
Piece together your elements so that they look like you want them to.