- Notebooks, you can use any size
- Blue Paint
- Blue Tissue Paper
- Mod Podge
Through trial and error, I discovered it makes the finished product look better if you paint the cardboard a Tardis blue. Paint it with a coat of paint and then allow it to dry completely before continuing onto the next step.
Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of your notebook and smooth the first piece of blue tissue paper on the top. Make sure to push the tissue paper into the corners of the squares. Allow it to dry and then repeat with a second piece of tissue. After the second piece has dried, fold the excess tissue around the edges of the notebook and Mod Podge to the inside cover.
In the above picture you can see notebook at each of the different stages. In the bottom left is a notebook with one piece of tissue, the bottom right is with two pieces. The top right the excess is being folded over and in the top left, the notebook is finished. Allow the notebooks to dry completely and pair with markers or crayons for a fun gift or favor.
2. The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe. This story takes place during WWII. 11, calling himself the caretaker takes it upon himself to make Christmas magical for a widow and her children. Though there are bumps along the way, he ends up giving them the best Christmas present of all.
3. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. A large spaceship is hurtling towards Earth and ISA plans to send missiles to the ship to stop it unless the Doctor can first. He lands aboard the ship and discovers it is full of dinosaurs. The dinosaurs make this the perfect episode for kids. My daughter loved it!
4. A Christmas Carol. When Karzan Sardick refuses to stop a crashing space ship the Doctor uses the Tardis to go back in time and change his mind. He visits him every Christmas Eve as a child and takes him on an adventure.I love this episode. I watch it every Christmas. My daughter’s favorite part of this episode is the flying sharks!
5. Gridlock. Taking traffic jams to the extreme, 10 and Martha get stuck in separate cars in a gridlock in New New York after Martha is kidnapped to allow the people doing the kidnapping to use the carpool lane. There are a few scenes with skeletons but overall the “monster” in this episode is more silly.
My absolute favorite episode of Doctor Who is a two parter, The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances, my daughter found the antagonist a little scary at first, but it has a very happy ending and she loved it. It should definitely be one you show your kids, but you might want to preview it first. It seems like it is one of the few episodes of Doctor Who where “Everybody Lives!” I would probably stay away from the Weeping Angels if your kids are scared easily, but make sure you show them Blink when you feel like they are ready!
What episodes did you start your kids on?
Masshole Mommy says
That is super cute. I love how it came out.
Have never seen Dr Who, but I love the design you made on the notebook. Very creative!
T Austin says
I haven't see Dr. Who but how fun is this craft!? I love it!
What a great way to dress up a notebook. Goes great with the theme.
Mimi B says
I haven't watched any of the new Dr. Who shows. I am totally old school and probably watched the originals. My boys haven't gotten hooked yet either. That's a really cute craft for any Whovian!
Apparently_ I _Didn'tKnow says
Im all about cutting down on costs. Everything came out beautiful but also gave the party character.
Super cute journal! I've never actually seen Dr. Who, although we have a copy of it on VHS.
I had a friend who loved Doctor Who. Looks like great goodies to giveaway.
This is so cute. I be little Doctor Who fans would love this.
Dr. Who is not one of my favorites but for people who are this would make the perfect gift as well as making them for party favors.
Denea Duran says
Such a cute DIY! I have never seen Dr. Who but now I must check it out!
alexandria waning says
i know i already mentioned on instagram that i like to make a lot of my daughters bday stuff too. so i love that you made these. i dont know dr who but ive heard a lot of good things about it.
Roxanne Ferber says
I have shared with all my favorite Whovians already. 😉
This looks great, that's a fun little DIY!
Wow, I love seeing DIY this one looks perfect and easy to do!! I'm gonna try this.