This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
The newest Cricut Cutting machine is finally here! This new compact machine, The Cricut Joy, is perfect for anyone who wants to be able to bring along their machine with little fuss, people who don’t have a ton of space and anyone who wants to make amazing customized projects! This machine is perfect for beginning crafters and seasoned crafters alike! My Cricut Joy now sits ALONGSIDE my other Cricut Machines because it has some awesome special features all on its own.
Hands down my new favorite feature of the Cricut Joy is the card mat! We have been trying to make handmade cards and send them to cousins and friends every Sunday and this mat and machine have blown my mind when it comes to cards. I LOVE the insert cards that Cricut puts out that allow you to put foil or other prints behind your cuts. A lot of the pre-made Cricut Designs are made for it! Those little notches int he corner of the designs, allow you to put the inset in behind.
Easy Cards with Cricut Joy
For these cards you will need:
Designs we used:
- Open up your package of cards. You will have cards, inserts (in our case Holographic) and envelopes. Select your card color.
2. Take the thin plastic film of your card mat. This is not the harder plastic layer, just the film that you find on every Cricut mat that helps keep it sticky.
3. Slide the back part of your card under the plastic and adhere the top of your card to the sticky mat.
4. Add your design to DesignSpace. If you are using one of their premade designs you literally just have to hit make it!
5. Hit go in Design Space and select how you will load your material (for this project, select on card mat.
6. Preview how the design will cut on your card and move things around if you need to.
7. Hit go in Design Space.
8. Unload your mat and gently pull the card off.
9. Remove any of the small pieces of paper left in the design after you pull it off the mat.
10. Tuck your insert cards into the card from the inside of the card with the holographic facing out.
11. Write in and mail your beautiful card with the included envelopes!
Looking for more information about the Cricut Joy? Keeping reading!
What is different about the Cricut Joy?
It is compact! This machine is 18″x4″x4″ making it the perfect companion on craft nights. If you want it to be super portable you can buy the case for it too! Cricut Joy is the perfect companion to quickly and easily personalize in 15 minutes or less.
Really intuitive. There are not a lot of buttons. Plug it in and power it on!
LONG CUTS! It can cut a continuous image up to four feet long. It can cut repeated shapes up to 20 feet long.
New materials. It uses Smart materials to cut without mats, any of the materials below with Smart in the description can be used without a mat. Here are some of the other amazing new materials.
- Cricut Joy Smart Vinyl
- Cricut Joy Smart Iron-On
- Cricut Joy Smart Labels
- Cricut Joy Transfer Tape
- Cricut Joy Infusible Ink
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Sets
- Adhesive-Backed Paper
- Pens and Markers
- Standard Grip & Light Grip cutting mats(4.5″ x 12″ long) (4.5″ x 6.5″ long)
- Card mat (4.5″ x 6.25″)
- Starter Tool Kit
You can also use any of the materials you use on your Explore Air on the Cricut Joy, you make just have to cut them down to fit.
New Card Cutting Capabilities. One of the things that has really wowed me about the Cricut Joy is the card features. With the new card mat and card sets from Cricut, you can make a customized card in just minutes. The mat makes it so it can cut just the top layer of your card.
Writing Capabilities. The Cricut Joy has its own line of pens so you can draw on your projects just like you can with the Explore Air.
What size Does the Cricut Joy Cut?
The Cricut Joy can cut up to 4.5 inches wide and 20 feet long. It can cut a single design that is four feet long and repeating designs up to 20 feet.
What does the Cricut Joy come with?
- The Cricut Joy machine
- Fine point black pen
- Standard Grip Mat 4.5” x 8.5”
- Power adapter
- 50 free ready-made-projects in Cricut Design Space
- Materials for sample cuts
Learn more about the Cricut Joy on Cricut.com and pick one up in-store or online. What will you make to bring Joy into your life?