The 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday. I love the BBQs and spending time together. The fireworks, the red, white and blue, I love it all. I put together this mantel celebrating my favorite holiday and I am absolutely in love with it. I took several variations to get it to this, but I am very happy with it.
The paper fans came two in a pack at my local dollar store. I bought two packs and hung them with string from the old window I like to use in a lot of my mantels.
The blue lanterns are from the dollar spot at Target. I put battery operated candles in them but honestly haven’t even ever turned them on.
The Glitter Tape Flag is so easy to make and I just used scrap wood I had laying around! You will need:
- Navy Paint
- White Paint
- American Crafts Glitter Tape in Red
- American Crafts Folded Paper Star Pebbles
- 2 pieces of 2×4, one 3.5 inches long, the other 5 inches
This Glitter 2×4 Flag is one of my favorite creations. For this project you will need:
- a 2×4 cut into pieces, you need two 7-inch blocks and 3-3.5 inch blocks
- Contact paper or a large star sticker
- Red, White and Blue paint
- Glitter Paper in Red and White
- Loose Glitter in White
These vases are completely from my local dollar store. The sand is a mix of red and white sand from the craft section and the flowers and star are from their seasonal selection. I found the trick to make dollar store flowers look good in a vase is to buy several bundles so it looks full.
How do you decorate for the 4th?