I have never been wowed like I was at Disney on Ice Mickey Search Party. Trampoline tricks, acrobatics, tricks on hoverboards and crazy cool jumps? Mickey’s Search Party is hands down the can’t miss Disney on Ice event. We had SO much fun, that my kids begged to go again the next night!
Check out some of the amazing scenes from Moana below! I love the use of fabric to simulate flames and the actual fireworks!
Embark on a quest with Mickey Mouse and pals as they follow Captain Hook’s treasure map for clues to find Tinker Bell after he attempts to capture her magic. Journey across the Marigold Bridge with Miguel from Disney-Pixar’s Coco into the magnificent and mystical Land of the Dead and discover a vibrantly colorful performance with skeletons atop sway poles dancing over the audience in a beautiful cultural celebration of family. Travel to the wintry world of Arendelle and sing along with Elsa as video projection creates a kaleidoscope of crystals to help build her ice palace. Witness Belle lift into the sky as the enchanted chandelier comes to life high over the ice for onlookers seated above and below. Board the Jolly Roger and laugh hysterically as the hilarious pirates flip, tumble, and twist on air tracks, stilts and more in an effort to showcase their talents for Captain Hook. Sail away with Moana on her daring voyage across the ocean and bravely encounter the fiery wrath of Te Ka. And make memories with your whole family during Aladdin, Toy Story and The Little Mermaid as the search party becomes an all-out magical celebration!
Check out some of the awesome Frozen scenes below!
Never been? Check out the tips below:
Tips for Disney on Ice
- Dress up! A lot of little kids will be dressed up in their favorite Disney outfits. My girls have dressed up every time we have gone and it is so much fun! It is Disney’s policy to only allow kids under the age of 14 to be dressed up to prevent confusion, so keep that in mind.
- It can be chilly inside the arena. Since you are headed to watch on a show that takes place on ice, you might want a jacket. I am usually very comfortable in a hoodie and my kids in long sleeves but it can be quite cold inside.
- Know your show. Disney on Ice is very good at letting you know which Disney shows will be apart of your experience. There are usually four. Knowing your show will help you make sure that you aren’t promising characters to your kids that aren’t going to appear. The shows, for the most part, all start with appearances by Mickey and Minnie.
- Glow in the dark toys are half the fun of Disney on Ice! There will be a LOT of glow in the dark toys for sale around the arena. We splurged once and now just bring our glow in the dark toys from that show with us when we come to Disney on Ice. Our toys spin and it is so much fun for my kids to feel like an active part of the show.
- I have been taking my kids to Disney on Ice since they were babies. They have loved it every single time. Disney on Ice is the most magical experience right around 4-6, but they have enjoyed it when they were younger and older.
- Disney on Ice is about 2 hours long. It usually starts at 7 PM here and goes right until 9 PM. This does include a 15-minute intermission. When my kids were really little this was a little late for them, so consider a matinee for little ones!
- Plan to be there early. I am not sure what parking is like at your venue, but we usually have to park and walk. Then there is SO. Much. to look at inside the venue, that my kids always want to look around before the show. There are a lot of really cool toys and treats all over the place. If you are not planning on purchasing anything, it may be a good idea to enter the venue close to your seats to avoid these areas.
- Sing! Half of the fun is watching your kids sing along with their favorite characters! You are welcome to sing and dance, just be courteous to those around you.
- Take pictures. Photography is allowed and even encouraged! Take all the selfies! I love taking videos of my kids enjoying the show and singing along.
- Have fun! Seriously. You are going to have the time of your life!
What characters would your kids want to see in Disney on Ice?
Leave a Reply