Nothing warms your stomach as much as a thick, hearty meal. That’s where Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches come in. These are about the heartiest sandwiches you can imagine — and they taste amazing.
This Sandwich is basically fried chicken layered between two savory waffles and filled with bacon, avocado, tomato, green leaf lettuce, and maple mustard (recipe below).
These are big sandwiches with loads of bold flavors. They are meant to be enjoyed, not to think about the sheer number of calories you’re consuming.
How to Prepare
- Prepare fried chicken by following this amazing recipe.
- Prepare these savory waffles.
- Whip up the maple mustard (recipe below)
- Layer a package of bacon on a foil-lined cookie sheet without any strips overlapping. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip each piece and bake for another 5 minutes. Pat away excess bacon fat with a paper towel.
- Prep sandwich toppings.
¼ Cup maple syrup
3 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
Dash of black pepper
2 avocados, sliced
large green leaf lettuce leaves
2 sliced tomatoes
- Slather the maple mustard on a waffle.
- Add a piece of fried chicken, a couple of strips of bacon, sliced avocado, lettuce, and sliced tomato.
- Add a second waffle to complete the sandwich.
- Cut in half diagonally.
These sandwiches are so delicious and filling. They do take quite a bit of preparation and cooking time, but they are definitely worth it. So next time you just want to treat yourself – give these a try.
Oh, this looks so good! My husband would love it! He’s always asking if we can make fried chicken and waffles lol 🙂 Thanks for sharing.