If you’re not drooling from the title of this recipe it might be because your brain is trying to figure out how this all works together. It’s actually an incredibly balanced meal, with just the right amount of sweetness, light and cool, and spicy. It combines for a light, but filling dish.
It’s definitely not your typical taco, but it’s one you’ll remember and enjoy as being incredibly satisfying.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 tsp fish sauce
1 – 1 1/2 lbs pork ribs, cut into small chunks
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp water
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1 cup pineapple, chopped
½ cup cilantro, chopped
2-3 green onions, diced
1/2 lime squeezed for its juice
Salt and pepper
1 cup mayo
2-3 Tbsp sriracha (more or less to taste)
Fresh flour tortillas for serving
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add in the garlic and jalapeno and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant and the jalapeno begins to cook through.
- Add in the chunks of pork and saute over high heat.
- Add in the fish sauce and stir for a couple minutes until the pork is cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir in with the pork. About a minute later, repeat. By this point the pork should be caramelized. If not, add another tablespoon each of water and sugar, and stir.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by combining the cucumber, pineapple, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Lightly toss.
- Mix the mayo and sriracha together in a separate small bowl.
- Prepare the tacos by placing the pork down the middle of a warm flour tortilla. Top with salsa, sriracha mayo, cilantro and a hit of fresh lime.