You will need:
- A Cake Mix and everything to make the cake
- Everything for the Frosting Recipe Below
- Skittles (I buy the HUGE bags so I don't run out)
- 1/2 Cup of white vegetable shortening
- 4 C. Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Water or Milk
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Add all of the ingredients to your mixer and mix until a even consistency.
For these cupcakes I baked the cake according box directions. I frosted them with a basic star tip. I then stacked the green Skittles in a triangle and added a purple Skittle for the trunk.
My daughter loved these fun tree cupcakes and it was fun to have a snack while we worked on our recycled projects.
Do you do anything for Earth Day?