Crockpot meals are the best, and the best crockpot meals are extra simple. Such is the case with these Open-Faced Crockpot Pesto Chicken Sandwiches.
2-3 chicken breasts
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper
1/4 cup pesto
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare chicken by placing the breasts in a crockpot with oregano, onion powder, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the crockpot and shred.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with pesto.
- Prepare the sandwiches by cutting open English muffins. Place the chicken/pesto mixture on the English muffin, and top with sliced tomato and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place all sandwiches on a cookie sheet and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
This is about as easy as it comes. The sandwiches are filling and enjoyable year round. They also go great if you have a favorite side dish or salad.